Friday, July 02, 2010

Catching up and starting again

Well, hello, I missed this spot! It's summer, and though I'm not taking classes two very awesome internships are keeping me busy. One more semester to go and I'll have my degree. Unbelievable. I've been able to make time for crafting though, now I just need to get the blog going again. If you're a flickr contact you've probably seen some of the things I've made since I last posted.

First, a pair of Bella's mittens. Practical me didn't quite understand why I needed woolly mittens in a mediterranean climate. But I loved how cozy and comfy they looked, and they knit up very quickly. Perfect for winter beach walks. I used less than two skeins of Plymouth Yarn Galway Worsted, held double, and US 8's.
Bella_mittens1

A new favorite, the Cousteau hat, knit with two skeins of Louisa Harding's Kashmir Baby in a rich dark navy. It's super soft and not itchy at all on my wool sensitive head.
Cousteau1

I made a necklace with Thai silver beads I've had for ages and dark gray embroidery floss, which I crocheted with a tiny hook.
Orb_necklace

And a small bag, perfect for carrying essentials when going out for breakfast Sunday mornings. I pieced this together from leftover fabric used for my messenger bag, but used the reverse side, which has more texture.
Breakfast bag 1

I also made a shirt with all the trimmings (cuffs, collar, button band, still need pictures) and joined a quilting bee with some very talented ladies. A quilt for a dear friend is currently in the works. More to come soon!

10 comments:

Krawuggl said...

Hallo Steph,
das ist ja lustig, grad vor 2 Tagen haben wir noch von dir gesprochen, und daß man eben gar nichts mehr von dir hört. Und schon bist du wieder da und gleich kommt Freude auf. Schöne Sachen hast du gemacht, alle so wunderbar schlicht und doch mit dem gewissen Extra, das mag ich so gern.
Muß mal gleich auf Flickr schauen, auf die Idee bin ich selbst gar nicht gekommen.
Jetzt wünsch ich dir aber erstmal einen wunderbaren und guten 'Neu'-Start und schicke liebe Grüße,
Suzi

Johanna Hörrmann said...

Welcome back says a reader from yesteryear :)

grumperina said...

I absolutely love that necklace! Beautiful!

Gina said...

Another welcome back. You have been missed. Just wondering if you ever finished the beautiful cabled sweater from your post back in September 2009?

All the best with both your studies and your various craft projects.

Kara said...

Yay! Glad to have you back. The Bella mittens are a classic.

Erin said...

Welcome back! Your FOs are great. So glad you can find time for craft in the midst of such a busy life.

Linda said...

So nice to see your crafting agagin! I love the bag. Well done on all your hard work, I am still going with my degree, I have 3 more years!!

nicole said...

I have some catching up to do too (and I'm terrible at checking flickr). But it looks like you've been busy. Your work is as beautiful as ever. I especially love your necklace. Oh, those gorgeous Thai silver beads...

Can't wait to see more!

MOONSTITCHES said...

Hi Steph,
schoen, dass Du wieder da bist!
Die Muetze ist ja klasse - Danke fuer den Link. 1805 Cousteaus auf ravelry und ich sehe ihn hier bei Dir zum erstenmal... hab' ne Menge aufzuholen.
Lieben Gruss aus Japan!

Lolly said...

You have such grat style, Steph. Beautiful pieces and beautiful you :)

I can't believe how time flies! when I last saw you, you were just preparing to start your program! I would love to hear more about your internships! Drop me a line if you can :)

Best wishes~